Staff Front End Engineer
Procurify’s Intelligent Spend Management platform provides hundreds of organizations worldwide with real-time visibility and control over all business spend. We’re looking for a talented and team-driven Staff Front-end Engineer to join us on our journey.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Procurify is looking for a Staff Frontend Engineer to join our architecture team at Procurify. This team is helping to shape the future of engineering at Procurify as we look to scale up to our next level of growth.
In this role, you will help design and deliver a web application that our customers love. You will be a thought leader for frontend at Procurify and help coach our highly engaged, creative frontend engineers across the engineering organization.
Procurify just secured a series C round of funding and we are growing to serve new customers, in new industries, all over the world. This role will lead the articulation of a clear vision for our frontend web application to support this growth and to delight our customers.
What you’ll be working on
- Architecting the next iteration of our web application with React. Establish and communicate a clear vision for the future by collaborating with our Design and Product teams to build a customer-centric frontend that scales with Procurify.
- Empower the team to deliver modern frontend features like real-time messaging, localization + internationalization, and accessibility
- Operating at a high standard of engineering and coaching our engineering team to deliver at the same standard with skills such as
- Knowledge of engineering and design principles and when to apply them
- Knowledge of architectural patterns and how to articulate the associated trade offs
- Awareness of common attack vectors and mitigations
- Work closely with architecture team backend and data counterparts to influence our system high-level design principles and ensure our frontend architecture aligns to them.
- Join annual hackathons and immerse yourself in all things fintech innovation.
- Rotate between projects and commit to continuous learning with our lean kanban processes.
- Work with a cloud native architecture
- Fully deployed in AWS
- Provide thought leadership and guide the technology and architecture choices of our frontend in collaboration with other engineers.
- Build reusable architecture for our web client using well-accepted design patterns that allow for iterative, autonomous development and future scaling.
- Advise Procurify’s leadership team on critical technical considerations related to the future of our frontend technology
Who we’re looking for
- Have 6-8+ years of frontend software engineering experience.
- Deep knowledge of and experience with patterns such as
- Singleton, Observer, Strategy, Decorator, Flux patterns
- Dependency Injection
- Clean Architecture
- Higher Order component pattern + Container/Presenter pattern
- Experience building reliable and scalable software solutions with a team of software developers, using React
- Expert level experience with Typescript
- Excellent Design/CSS skills to ensure that our frontend has a UI/UX that customers love
- A proven track record of building/maintaining business-critical web applications at scale.
- A coach who has experience growing technical leadership on an engineering team
- Familiarity with agile and software development practices such as scrum/kanban, CI/CD, test automation, and infrastructure as code.
Help us modernize spend management
Procurify is a remote-first company with a big heart and a strong ambition to modernize the way organizations manage business spend. We’re trusted by hundreds of companies around the world across industries like biotechnology, education, health care, manufacturing, and software to manage over $30B in spend. We recently closed $50M in Series C funding to help us strengthen our core offering, launch new payment capabilities, and provide customers with an AI-enhanced procure-to-pay experience. Read the press release here.
Be empowered to do your best work
We’ve created an environment where personal and professional growth is a real priority. Some of the great perks we offer include:
- Flexible working: We’re a remote-first organization with flexible working hours. Work anywhere from within Canada!
- Four-day workweek: Burnout is real. To help you restore balance between work and life, all Procurify team members work four days a week.
- Unlimited responsible time off: Work hard, play harder. All team members can take advantage of our unlimited responsible time off policy.
- Extended health benefits: We prioritize our team’s health and well-being. We offer a competitive health, vision, and dental package along with an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and a health and wellness spending account.
- Community initiatives: We have a strong commitment to giving back to our communities, including regular volunteer days, our Donate Your Day program, and education lunch and learns.
- Stock options: Everyone has a chance to own a part of Procurify with our competitive stock program.
- DEI initiatives: We regularly run a diversity, equity, and inclusion roundtable where we host guest speakers and tackle the topics that matter.
- Base Salary Range: $146,000 – $218,000 (This range is dependent on experience and not inclusive of any bonus, commission, benefits or equity that might exist in your total compensation package.)
Work with an amazing team
We’ve welcomed team members who were boat captains, funeral directors, swing dancers, competitive gamers, plumbers, and novelists. Everyone has a story and we’re here to embrace them!
Procurify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any team members or applicants for employment because of race, color, disability, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity and/or expression.
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyway. We know that feelings of imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting incredible candidates, and we certainly don’t want those feelings to get in the way of meeting you! We really want to get to know you and why you’re great for the role. Please avoid including your picture and age on your resume.
Apply online today and let’s start a conversation.
To learn more about Procurify, check out these resources:
- Get to know our team through our Meet Us Monday videos
- Check out what our customers are saying about us
- Learn more about our procure-to-pay platform